Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got a craving for brats but don't eat meat anymore or just want something more healthy? The brats have saur kraut in them and when you put them in a bun add more with mustard to make a great sandwich! Thanks to Joni Marie Newman for the recipe. Joni, you have great recipes. Check out her blog:justthefood.com.
- 2 cups gluten flour (vital gluten flour)
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced (or 1 tbls. dried parsley flakes-or use other fresh or dried herbs of choice such as oregano, sage, e)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sauerkraut
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock (more or less)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together. Add the sauer kraut and 1 cup of the veg. stock. Knead together (if it's too dry, add in the remainder of the veggie stock) about 5 minutes until it looks spongy(the dough will be fairly stiff).
- Divide into little logs and place on a square of aluminum foil. Roll up the foil tightly and twist the ends closed.
- Bake for about 60 minutes. Remove from the oven. Remove from foil, when cool enough to handle.
- Serve on a nice crusty roll smothered with sauer kraut and mustard. Enjoy!