Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is my healthified version of a great classic vegan oatmeal cookie recipe (Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies). These come out cake-like, soft and chewy. The taste is fruity sweet and just perfect for us. I hope youll like them, too. :)
- 118.29 ml raisins (I used a mix of golden raisins, sultanas and cranberries)
- hot water, for plumping raisins
- 78.07 ml non-dairy milk (e.g. soy milk)
- 29.58 ml flax seeds, ground
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar
- 78.07 ml applesauce (I used a banana applesauce)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 59.14 ml flour (I used spelt flour)
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml oats (I used a mix of five different grain flakes)
- Put raisins (or dried fruit of choice) into a medium sized bowl. Cover with hot water and allow to soak until ready to use. Drain well before using.
- In a large bowl use a fork to vigorously mix together the non-dairy milk and flax seeds. Add in the sugar and applesauce and mix for about 2 minutes until it reaches a caramel colour. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Fold in oatmeal and raisins.
- Drop dough in generous tbs onto a paper-lined (or greased) baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the tops a bit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven at 350°F/180°C.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.