1/2 Photos of Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Healthy Version)
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raisins (I used a mix of golden raisins, sultanas and cranberries)
- hot water, for plumping raisins
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (e.g. soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup applesauce (I used a banana applesauce)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 1/4 cup flour (I used spelt flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups oats (I used a mix of five different grain flakes)
- 1Put raisins (or dried fruit of choice) into a medium sized bowl. Cover with hot water and allow to soak until ready to use. Drain well before using.
- 2In a large bowl use a fork to vigorously mix together the non-dairy milk and flax seeds. Add in the sugar and applesauce and mix for about 2 minutes until it reaches a caramel colour. Mix in vanilla extract.
- 3Sift in flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Fold in oatmeal and raisins.
- 4Drop dough in generous tbs onto a paper-lined (or greased) baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the tops a bit.
- 5Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven at 350°F/180°C.
- 6Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Healthy Version)
Serving Size: 1 (647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 71.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g