Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Healthy Version)
- Put raisins (or dried fruit of choice) into a medium sized bowl. Cover with hot water and allow to soak until ready to use. Drain well before using.
- In a large bowl use a fork to vigorously mix together the non-dairy milk and flax seeds. Add in the sugar and applesauce and mix for about 2 minutes until it reaches a caramel colour. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Fold in oatmeal and raisins.
- Drop dough in generous tbs onto a paper-lined (or greased) baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the tops a bit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven at 350°F/180°C.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.