Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe comes from I.C.Moskowitz's and T.H.Romero's wonderful vegan baking book: "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar". These are super easy to make and great for gift giving. I hope youll enjoy them! :) Ive also posted a healthified version of these in case youre looking for something more wholesome.
- 78.07 ml non-dairy milk (e.g. soy milk)
- 29.58 ml flax seeds, ground
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 78.07 ml oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml flour
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml quick-cooking oats
- 118.29 ml raisins (or use a mix of any dried fruit)
- In a large bowl use a fork to vigorously mix together the non-dairy milk and flax seeds. Add in the sugar and oil and mix for about 2 minutes until it reaches a caramel colour. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Fold in oatmeal and raisins.
- Drop dough in generous tbs onto a paper-lined (or greased) baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the tops a bit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven at 350°F/180°C.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.