This recipe comes from I.C.Moskowitz's and T.H.Romero's wonderful vegan baking book: "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar". These are super easy to make and great for gift giving. I hope youll enjoy them! :) Ive also posted a healthified version of these in case youre looking for something more wholesome.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (e.g. soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins (or use a mix of any dried fruit)
- 1In a large bowl use a fork to vigorously mix together the non-dairy milk and flax seeds. Add in the sugar and oil and mix for about 2 minutes until it reaches a caramel colour. Mix in vanilla extract.
- 2Sift in flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Fold in oatmeal and raisins.
- 3Drop dough in generous tbs onto a paper-lined (or greased) baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the tops a bit.
- 4Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven at 350°F/180°C.
- 5Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 41.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g