Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe comes from I.C.Moskowitz's and T.H.Romero's wonderful vegan baking book: "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar". These are super easy to make and great for gift giving. I hope youll enjoy them! :) Ive also posted a healthified version of these in case youre looking for something more wholesome.
- 1⁄3 cup non-dairy milk (e.g. soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or use a mix of any dried fruit)
- In a large bowl use a fork to vigorously mix together the non-dairy milk and flax seeds. Add in the sugar and oil and mix for about 2 minutes until it reaches a caramel colour. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Fold in oatmeal and raisins.
- Drop dough in generous tbs onto a paper-lined (or greased) baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the tops a bit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven at 350°F/180°C.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.