Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
pancakes made from oatmeal, gluten free and vegan, super deliousious.
- 1⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Grind oats using a blender into a flour.
- take the oat flour and put it in a bowl, mix in the cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Then add the water ( you can use milk or soy milk, rice milk, whatever). Now is the time to add in extras like extracts.
- Mix until well combined, lumps are OK.
- If your using any kind of fruit gently fold in,.
- Heat a griddle and spoon out some of the mixture, let cook until bubbles appear and pop at the surface and it will lift without falling apart.
- Gently flip and let throughly cook through about 1-2 minutes.
- Keep warm.
I added three tablespoons of shreded coconut (and used stevia insted of sugar) and it is wonderful!! I've tried tons of vegan pancakes recipes and this is by far my favorite!! <3
Great flavor! Hearty texture. I used a tsp. of vanilla. I will say these are a bit chewy, so next time might let batter sit for a few minutes. They can definitely hold up to stewed fruit, which is what I topped mine with. These would be great with raisins or banana I think. I would make these again. Would give more stars but I wish they were fluffier or a bit lighter in texture.
They smell wonderful as they are cooking and they are good too.