Recipe by Azuki!
These are practically health food, considering all the food groups involved. They are good. Your kids will want to sneak them.
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1 cup vegan bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Oil two cookie sheets (these cookies will stick without the oil).
- Combine flaxseed and water until eggish in consistency. Mix all ingredients except oats, flour, cranberries, chocolate, and walnuts.
- Stir in flour and oats.
- Stir in all other ingredients.
- Heap spoonfuls of mixture onto baking sheet. The mixture will not hold together at this point, but push stray pieces toward a cookie heap on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet so cookies will set. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.