Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Vegan, high protein, comforting noodle soup! I used Schaer gluten-free tagliatelle noodles: http://www.schaer.com/en/gluten-free-products/tagliatelle/ I used NOW Foods textured soy protein chunks: http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=3661 I used my Salt Free Poultry Seasoning for the seasoning. You could use Italian seasonings or something you like for a basic soup.
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 6 ounces carrots, chopped
- 5 ounces celery, chopped
- 5 ounces onions, chopped
- 3 ounces gluten-free noodles (wide soup shape style)
- 1 1⁄2 cups textured vegetable protein, chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning (or your favorite soup spices)
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large non-stick soup pot. Add garlic, onion, celery, and carrot and saute for 5 minutes, until onion begins to soften. (If skipping oil, simply boil vegetables right away.).
- Add broth, water, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add noodles. Simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Add textured soy protein chunks and frozen peas. Simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Check that everything is softened to your liking, season to taste with salt.