Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A scintillating vegan pasta dish. Good as a main course.
- 16 ounces whole wheat fusilli
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegan creamer (I recommend Silk Creamer for consistency and taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- Cook pasta in salt water according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, wash and tear the mushrooms into 1 inch pieces.
- Saute mushrooms until they are tender and beginning to darken. Set mushrooms aside and keep warm.
- Check on pasta. When done, drain and set aside.
- Melt vegan butter and olive oil together on medium-low heat.
- Add vegan creamer, sage, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Add sauted mushrooms. Continue stirring.
- Slowly add flour, stirring constantly and increasing heat (if necessary) to a near boil. Simmer 1 minute.
- Serve immediately over pasta.