Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tweak on a recipe a friend gave us.
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 5 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 1/4 c cold water
- 1 lb pasta, of choice
- Cook pasta according to directions while making sauce.
- In large frying pan, put water, garlic and onion. Add part of vegetable broth if needed, to sauté onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and spinach and sauté 3 more minutes. Add remaining ingredients except cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally about 12 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Serve over pasta.