Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
hearty vegan stew even omnivores will enjoy! This is the vegan version of a previously posted recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 -4 carrots, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (bite sized chunks)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancut tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- in a stock pot, saute onions, garlic, and carrots in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add ginger, cumin, curry, cocoa, paprika, salt and pepper and stir to coat veggies.
- Add sweet potatoes and broth. Simmer until sweet potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins, and peanut butter.
- Simmer 10 minutes more.
- Best served with bread to soak up any leftover broth!