lauren losefast's Note:
hearty vegan stew even omnivores will enjoy! This is the vegan version of a previously posted recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 -4 carrots, chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (bite sized chunks)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1in a stock pot, saute onions, garlic, and carrots in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- 2Add ginger, cumin, curry, cocoa, paprika, salt and pepper and stir to coat veggies.
- 3Add sweet potatoes and broth. Simmer until sweet potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork.
- 4Add tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins, and peanut butter.
- 5Simmer 10 minutes more.
- 6Best served with bread to soak up any leftover broth!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Moroccan Soup
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.6
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 486.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: