Recipe by valgal123
These cookies have the same taste, look, and texture of the non-vegan ones. And no chill time. Very fast and easy to put together. Make sure you drain the apple sauce from most of its water content BEFORE measuring. I just put some on a paper towel and patted it.
- 1 cup flour (145 grams)
- 2 tablespoons flour (145 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (5 ml)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (2.5 ml)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger (2.5 ml)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (1.25 ml)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (.6 ml)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar (99 grams)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil (90 ml)
- 2 tablespoons molasses (30 ml)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (2.5 ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar, for rolling
- 1 tablespoon course sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F or 165 degrees Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- In a second bowl, mix brown sugar, vegetable oil, molasses, vanilla and apple sauce.
- Add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture and stir until mixed. Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and form nice mounds. Place the mounds about 2 ½ inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (Silpat is okay) and sprinkle tops with sparkly sugar (I actually rolled the dough into balls and rolled them in sugar. When i put my cookies on the baking sheet i pressed them down with my fingers). Bake for 13-16 minutes. Let cool for 2 minute on sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool.