1/2 Photos of Vegan Molasses Cookies
These cookies have the same taste, look, and texture of the non-vegan ones. And no chill time. Very fast and easy to put together. Make sure you drain the apple sauce from most of its water content BEFORE measuring. I just put some on a paper towel and patted it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour (145 grams)
- 2 tablespoons flour (145 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (2.5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (2.5 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon clove (1.25 ml)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (.6 ml)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (99 grams)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil (90 ml)
- 2 tablespoons molasses (30 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (2.5 ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar, for rolling
- 1 tablespoon course sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F or 165 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- 3In a second bowl, mix brown sugar, vegetable oil, molasses, vanilla and apple sauce.
- 4Add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture and stir until mixed. Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and form nice mounds. Place the mounds about 2 ½ inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (Silpat is okay) and sprinkle tops with sparkly sugar (I actually rolled the dough into balls and rolled them in sugar. When i put my cookies on the baking sheet i pressed them down with my fingers). Bake for 13-16 minutes. Let cool for 2 minute on sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 114.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g