Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
modified from PPK
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour through salt).
- In a seperate bowl, wisk together wet ingredients (soy milk through vanilla) until emulsified.
- Pour wet into dry and combine until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins almost to the top. Bake 18 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.