Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this for thanksgiving, i had used a non vegan recipe i had seen. the blending of the tofu and soy milk makes a heavy cream imitation. This was the first cake i've ever made in my life, and it turned out good.
- 1 crumb pie crust, for 8 inch springform pan,your favorite
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate (6 squares)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs soy cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup double-strength coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate in the top part of a double boiler.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until light.
- Add 1 cup of the tofu, beating thoroughly after each.
- Blend 1/2 cup tofu and the soy milk.
- Add to cheese, sugar and tofu mixture.
- Pour the melted chocolate slowly into the cheese mixture and add the coffee and vanilla.
- Mix to blend ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for about 45 minutes, or until edges of the cake are puffed up slightly.
- Cool in the oven with the door cracked open, then cool to room temperature.
it was absolutely wonderful! although it made two cakes for me rather than one, but that was a good thing, because one of my friends liked it so much that she ate more than a quarter of the cake (a none vegan) and everyone els loved it too.
Took the cheesecake to a potluck and everyone loved it. Went over particularly well with strawberry sauce drizzled on top with a crushed brownie crust