Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious sounding soup that seems like it ought to be good hot or cold. From The Blender Girl, who I first encountered here on Food.com, and now at healthyblenderrecipes.com. She's talented and very inspirational.
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1419.54 ml frozen green peas
- 473.18 ml red potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 473.18 ml red onions, chopped up
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml celtic sea salt
- 236.59 ml fresh mint leaves
- 946.36 ml strong vegetable broth
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- Saute the garlic, onions and sea salt in a little bit of olive oil and broth until soft and translucent.
- 2. Add in the lettuce and stir until wilted. Add in the peas and mint and stir until well combined. Cover with the vegetable stock, bring to the boil, and then simmer until peas are just turning tender – about 15 minutes.
- 3. Add in the boiled potatoes and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- 4. Allow to cool slightly and then puree until smooth and creamy.
- 5. Return to the pot and add in the desired fresh lemon juice. Then season with Celtic sea salt.