Perfect mini VEGAN muffins, they are as good as regular carrot muffins or better...It's a great treat to satisfy sweetness but in the same time very very healthy.
- In a small bowl mix baking powder and applesauce into a foamy mixture, set aside.
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix.
- Add oil, honey, carrots, water or pineapple (some of the juice might help), and applesauce mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts, raisins, or dried cranberries if preferred.
- Scoop mixture into cupcake liners.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled, frost with icing (powered sugar, vegan Earth Balance butter, organic vanilla, and water).