Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
This soup is very similar to the one served at my favorite vegetarian restaurant. It’s creamy and sweet and is very comforting. It stores well in the refrigerator. Making this soup and salad would be a perfect weeknight supper! Please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com for more gluten-free, healthy recipes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and saute onions until brown.
- Add vegetables and spices. Pour enough water to barely cover the vegetables.
- Cover and let it to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Add chickpeas, salt and pepper and cook another 15 minutes.
- Infuse love and serve with cilantro or parsley on top!