1/1 Photo of Vegan Middle Eastern Soup
1 hr 15 mins
This soup is very similar to the one served at my favorite vegetarian restaurant. It’s creamy and sweet and is very comforting. It stores well in the refrigerator. Making this soup and salad would be a perfect weeknight supper! Please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com for more gluten-free, healthy recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro or 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1Heat oil and saute onions until brown.
- 2Add vegetables and spices. Pour enough water to barely cover the vegetables.
- 3Cover and let it to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- 4Add chickpeas, salt and pepper and cook another 15 minutes.
- 5Infuse love and serve with cilantro or parsley on top!
Browse Our Top Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Middle Eastern Soup
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.7
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 482.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g