Recipe by EmilyStrikesAgain
Very quick, very cheap and VERY delicious! I have only tried these with flour tortillas but I am curious to see if pita bread would work as well. This recipe is very versatile, add your favorite veggies, or even make it a meat and cheese lovers dish with chorizo, mexican shredded cheese or sour cream!
Top Review by Mindelicious
Thank you for such a great idea!!! These are going in our regular rotation now!! So easy & quick yet packed full of flavor. I used homemade tortillas, Wonderful Salsa, and also sprinkled a bit of daiya cheese on top since we had some on hand. DH said they didn't even need the addition of the vegan chese and would be wonderful without. I also thought that maybe diced avocado on top would be tasty - will try that next time & yes there will be a next time!!
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place tortillas on baking sheet(s).
- Bake for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Spread beans evenly over tortillas. Spread taco sauce evenly over beans. Top with ingredients of your choosing.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Top with any additional ingredients (cheese, sour cream, etc.). Cut into wedges and serve.