Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe of my own invention. It contains 2 full servings of veggies plus rice so it is very nutritious.
- 2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup beans, corn,carrots and peas (the frozen mixed veggies)
- 1⁄2 mushroom
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper (green and red)
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon jeera powder (cumin)
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning (taco bell or any other)
- 1 maggi vegetable bouillon cube (or any other vegetarian bouillon)
- dice up all the veggies, except the mushroom which should be in larger pieces.
- Cook the rice, Keep aside.
- Heat oil, add onion, add serrano pepper.
- Fry till lightly brown.
- add jeera (cumin) Fry lightly till golden.
- add veggies, do not add water as the water from the mushrooms will be enough to cook the veggies, add the bouillon cube.
- cook till veggies are done.
- Add salt to taste.
- add rice, mix.
- then sprinkle taco seasoning lightly on top and mix lightly.
I really enjoyed this dish. I made for dinner and the next day I made vegan burritos..Thank you!