Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I found this on a vegan blog and tweaked it a little.
- 1 (11 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups corn (preferably fresh)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 avocado, sliced
- corn tortilla
- tortilla chips
- 1⁄3 cup vegan cheddar cheese (or monterey jack)
- green onion
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- Mix the beans with 1/2 packet of taco seasoning and spread half on the bottom of a pie pan or small casserole dish.
- Saute the corn in the butter/salt/pepper for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover the beans with a layer of torn corn tortillas.
- Next layer half of the corn, all of the avocado, and some cilantro. Season this layer with a little salt and a lot of lime juice.
- Add another layer of torn corn tortillas, the rest of the beans and corn. Cover with crushed tortilla chips and cheddar.
- Broil until cheese is melted.
- Pour ranch over top of pie and garnish with green onions,tomatoes, and cilantro.