Recipe by Xolohuahua
Mexican style linguine with avocados and vegetables. I adapted this from one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. You could also shred some vegan cheese and add it on top at the very end.
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 ripe avocados, insides scooped out
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets, washed and broken into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1⁄2 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh lemon wedges or lime wedge
- cilantro or parsley, and
- lemongrass, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook the linguine according to the instructions on the box.
- Strain noodles and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat margarine with garlic on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add broccoli and onion to pot.
- Cook on medium-high until broccoli is soft but crisp.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Add the linguine and avocado.
- Toss until pasta is coated with avocado.
- Add fresh lemon or lime juice, to taste.
- Garnish with lemon or lime wedges, cilantro, parsley, and lemon grass.