Recipe by tendollarwine
I got this recipe from a vegan meatloaf generator found here. http://www.veganlunchbox.com/loaf_studio.html All you do is check the boxes of what ingredients you would like and it makes a recipe for you! This is my first attempt and it was outstanding! It didn't hold together as well as I had hoped, but the flavor was unbelievable. I added a couple little extras of things I had in my kitchen, so here is the recipe with my extras.
Top Review by Kathy228
Very good! I really liked the seasonings in this. The recipe description says it didn't hold together well. So I added 1 cup of oatmeal cooked in 1/2 cup water. The oatmeal provided the binder, in the absence of eggs, to hold the loaf together. Nice meatless-loaf; thanks for posting it. I will be making this again. I would have given this 5-stars, but I had to keep going over the ingredients to be sure I didn't leave out anything; the ingredients are out-of-order with the directions. Made for My3C.
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 2 small carrots, peeled and grated (or 1 large)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, plus more
- ketchup, to top
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse the pine nuts in a food processor until it resembles a coarse meal. Empty into a large mixing bowl.
- Sauté the vegetables (minus the beans) with the oil over medium heat until everything is softened. Take off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8 baking dish with oil or spray. Add the beans, rice, vegetables, seasonings, soy sauce, ketchup and flour to the mixing bowl and mash/mix everything together. If the "batter" seems to dry, add some vegetable broth to moisten. If it seems to wet, add some more flour.
- Scoop the mix into the baking dish and level out the top. Place in the oven to bake for 1 hour. After about 40 minutes, take out the loaf and spread some ketchup over the top (optional) and place back in the oven to continue baking.
- Let the loaf cool for 10-15 minutes and either turn out onto a platter, or just serve out of the dish. I served mine with a baked potato and steamed veggies.