Recipe by CHRISSYG
I've been playing around with making 'meatballs' using some ingredients/techniques I've seen from other recipes. this is a nice substitute for regular meatballs, but don't drop them into a pot of sauce to cook... they'll fall apart after a while! I used Nutritional Yeast Flakes which you could totally make this recipe without. It has a kind of 'cheese' flavor which I like in meatballs :-)
- 236.59 ml cooked lentils
- 236.59 ml cooked brown rice (I used short grain for texture)
- 59.14 ml rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 59.14 ml wheat germ
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml nutritional yeast flakes
- 59.14 ml whole wheat flour
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml onions, minced
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- combine all ingredients in a bowl. With your hands bruise/mash the lentils a bit, but not to the point that there all mushy.
- using a small ice cream scoop (or with wet hands) roll out golfball sized balls. (slightly smaller).
- *continue to dampen hands when doing this -- the mixture is sticky.
- place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Turn over and bake an addional 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with a nice vegetarian/vegan marinara.