Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on veganrecipes-idahovegan.blogspot.com They are much quicker to put together than others I have found here on Zaar. I was looking for a quick recipe and stumbled upon this one. I didn't have exactly the ingredients called for, so I'm looking forward to trying them as written next time. I also baked them with some Pam sprayed on them instead of frying. Placing here for safekeeping! :O)
- 1 (14 ounce) package Lightlife Gimme Lean ground sausage
- 6 ounces vegan veggie crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb (saltines)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- additional vegetable oil (for cooking)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or electric mixer.
- Form into any size balls you like.
- Brown on all sides in oil. Continue heating until hot throughout.
These needed a whole lot more flavor, they were very dry also. I might take the basic recipe and do some altering. Maybe add some oil and Italian seasoning and much more garlic.