Recipe by AmandaBrooke
This actually comes from a recipe that I found on vegweb.com. It comes out a bit tangier than non-vegan mayo, but it's great to have something to spread on sandwiches and use in place of mayo!
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) package firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tofu, sugar, salt, lemon juice and mustard in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Slowly dribble the oil into the blender while it's running. This is important because too much too fast will cause the mayo and oil to seperate.
- Cool in a jar in the fridge, and use on sandwiches, potato salads, and on any other food that you would use normal mayo!