1/1 Photo of Vegan Mashed Cauliflower (Instead of Mashed Potatoes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cauliflower floret (frozen or 1 head fresh)
- 1/4 cup soymilk (fat free or other)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (MIXED WITH)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Cook frozen cauliflower by following the package directions. Cook until it is very well done (soft!) approximately 8-10 minutes. (You may also use 1 pound of fresh cauliflower). Put into a colander and drain.
- 2While cauliflower is cooking, combine soy milk, garlic, water, and seasonings, in small saucepan over medium heat. When it reaches a boil, add the cornstarch/water mixture, stirring constantly until thickened. Set aside for next step.
- 3When cauliflower is cool enough for you to handle, squeeze as much water out of it as possible. (Put it into a colander and pressed it with the back of a big spoon). Next, put the cauliflower into a food processor and whir on high for a minute or just mash with a fork. Add the sauce from step 2. Process/stir until the cauliflower is creamy and smooth.
- 4Check the consistency. If it is too thick for you, add a tiny bit of soymilk, mix, and check again. Too much liquid and you will end up with soup!
- 5Add additional seasoning to taste. Serve hot/warm. You may need to heat it quickly in the microwave before serving.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Mashed Cauliflower (Instead of Mashed Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.7
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: