Recipe by Vegan Freak
Vegetarian Cooking for Dummies.
Top Review by nkoprince08
This pie tasted pretty good, however it did not set up very well, so the texture was a little off. I brought it to Thanksgiving dinner and we all agreed that if it had set up better it would have been perfect!! I had fun trying something new this year, thanks for posting!!
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place pumpkin, tofu, syrup, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour ito a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over top of pie.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until set. Cool and serve.