Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a sweet, spicy Indian beverage commonly made with yogurt. It's excellent on a hot summer day or for a light breakfast!
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 3 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve chilled.
This was a pretty tasty dessert, but next time I would probably use less soy milk so the flavor of the mango comes through more. I used plain soy milk and added a little vanilla extract. I like that this is date-sweetened, and the flavors of the spices are very nice. This would make a great accompaniment to any Indian meal.