Recipe by bayou-mimi
While I'm not a vegan, I can appreciate good food. These are not only good, they're good for you. The yield depends on how large your ice cream scoop is.
Top Review by brokenneck
Batter was extremely runny if made as shown. We tried adding extra flour for the second sheet of cookies but all in all, not a good recipe. The only similarity between a "Macaroon" and these cookies is that both have coconut in them. Definately not going to make them again. Also, we didn't have parchement paper so we tried greasing the cookie sheet. Bad idea. If anyone else makes this recipe, be prepared for possible cookie mutilation if not using parchement paper when trying to remove them from the sheet.
- 2 cups coconut (toasted for 4 minutes)
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup brown rice (ground into flour) or 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour, already ground
- 1⁄4 cup oil, of your choice
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup carob chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a cookie sheet.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop them with.
- Try to make sure that any pieces of grated carrot are tucked under the macaroons.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- *To make some plain and some chocolate, prepare the regular recipe and scoop out 6 plain macaroons then stir the carob chips into the remaining mix.