Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe I came up with on a whim, it has an obvious Italian taste that no chickens had to stress in order to make. ;-)
- 12 ounces macaroni (elbow, fusilli, bow tie, any kind)
- 12 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup soy mayonnaise
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- black salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta, drain & set aside.
- Drain 2/3 of the tomato juice from the can & in a medium sauce pan combine the tomatoes & the remaining juice with the garlic & half the chopped basil. On medium heat (allowing the sauce to bubble) stir the tomato & garlic together for two minutes & then add the wine & seasonings & cook for another 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Take the pasta & mix all at once with the mayonnaise, remaining basil, onion, olive oil, lemon juice & salt & pepper to taste. Then transfer the tomato sauce to the pasta mixture & stir one again until all in fully incorperated.
- Chill for three hours or until cold.