Recipe by subaruthie
This is our family's answer to macaroni and cheese with food allergy restrictions. This recipe is loved by both my food-allergic husband (who never experienced this comfort food until adulthood) and our son (a toddler who loves cheese!). The recipe makes a creamy dish that you can supplement with vegetables or extra spices.
- 946.36 ml small shell pasta, dry
- 29.58 ml Earth Balance margarine (soy free version)
- 44.37 ml nutritional yeast
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 118.29 ml rice milk
- 354.88 ml vegan cheddar cheese, shredded (Daiya brand is soy free)
- 118.29 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to its instructions. Turn off heat and drain.
- Add margarine, yeast, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and rice milk to pasta. Stir well.
- Add shredded cheese substitute and water. Stir well. Return pot to low heat, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and well mixed.