Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is great for vegans (like myself) or for those who are lactose intolerant. It's a great variation on a creamy white cheddar sauce for macaroni and cheese. :)
- 7 ounces silken tofu (I used Hinoichi Soft Tofu)
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk (I used West Soy Vanilla Soy Milk)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend on liquefy setting until creamy.
- Pour contents into saucepan and simmer, stirring frequently while you cook macaroni noodles.
- Drain noodles.
- Pour sauce over noodles, serve and enjoy!
too crumbly...i like a creamier sauce made by using a soy cheese like vegan gourmet
Way too much salt and chili powder. I think that there's no need to add the garlic salt or chili powder since both are already provided in the Lawry's in ample amounts. I had to throw this out. I will try it again but will complete omit those two ingredients.