Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious and satisfying version of traditional macaroni and cheese.
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄2 cup white flour or 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 -3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (not necessary if you don't have any) (optional)
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained (or any shape pasta)
- Mix dry ingredients in a saucepan.
- Whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it thickens and bubbles.
- Cook and stir 30 seconds more, then remove from the heat.
- Whip in the margarine and mustard.
- Add more milk or water if mixture is too thick.
- Add hot, cooked macaroni, and mix well.
Creamy and satisfying, this mac 'n cheese recipe gives one a rush of euphoric satisfaction! You can barely tear yourself away from this delightful concoction, both filling and just satisfying overall...
Carol has always posted delicious vegan recipes and this one is no exception. I used lots of paprika which gave it a lovely color. The kids doused it in ketchup, but still ate the whole thing. I didn't tell them it was vegan, and they never even noticed, which in itself is an excellent recommendation. ;-) Thanks Carol!
We are definitely macaroni hounds and this recipe,well' in a word is awsome . You go girl and create more man pleasin' vegan meals like this one. Oh yeah baby just one more helpin' of this. M.shane (ailsa's hubby)