Recipe by Carol Bullock
A delicious and satisfying version of traditional macaroni and cheese.
Top Review by John Beam
Creamy and satisfying, this mac 'n cheese recipe gives one a rush of euphoric satisfaction! You can barely tear yourself away from this delightful concoction, both filling and just satisfying overall...
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄2 cup white flour or 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 -3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (not necessary if you don't have any) (optional)
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained (or any shape pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in a saucepan.
- Whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it thickens and bubbles.
- Cook and stir 30 seconds more, then remove from the heat.
- Whip in the margarine and mustard.
- Add more milk or water if mixture is too thick.
- Add hot, cooked macaroni, and mix well.