Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is extra cheesy and creamy. Stay away from this if you don't like nutritional yeast sauces. I'm unsure of the origin of this recipe. It was sent to me by friend, and I have made slight modifications to it. Canola, vegetable oil, or melted Earth Balance (have never tried that) can be substituted for the coconut oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain nondairy milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup tamari
- 1 1⁄2 cups nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 ounces firm tofu
- 1 cup refined coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pasta
- 1 cup vegan cheese, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Blend all other ingredients in a blender of food processor.
- Put cooked pasta in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Pour sauce over pasta and mix together.
- Top with vegan cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
Super super tasty and easy to make. It's a little more runny that I expected, I think next time I will cut the water and salt in half. Definitely will make again though (and often!).