Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mac & Cheese minus the diary-cheese! Wonderful, creamy, EASY to make and sure to fool any non-vegans!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup almond milk or 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup rice milk
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegan butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 12 ounces cooked pasta
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and put into casserole dish.
- Pour water and milk together and heat until boiling.
- Melt butter and whisk until smooth with flour in large sauce pan over low heat.
- Once water/milk mixture is boiling add to smooth butter/flour mixture.
- Whisk until smooth and add soy sauce, salt, garlic powder and turmeric.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat whisking constantly.
- Slowly add in nutritional yeast flakes, and whisk until smooth.
- Add mixture over cooked pasta in casserole dish and bake at 350°F for 10-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, add if you're feeling bold a dash of crushed red pepper.