Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Unsure of where I tracked this down, but I modified it to suit my tastebuds
Make and share this Vegan Mac & Cheese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup soy margarine (step 1, I prefer Earth Balance)
- 1⁄4 cup flour (step 1)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (step 1)
- 2 cups soymilk (unsweetened)
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine margarine, 1/4 c flour, 1/2 tsp salt over low heat.
- Slowly add soy milk and cook until simmering.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Combine with your preferred pasta & you're good to go!
Oh my goodness. Seriously the best vegan mac and 'cheese' I have had. I love Nutritional Yeast, but some recipes over do it and the whole dish ends up tasting bitter.
This dish is perfect :) the only changes I made was to sub almond milk for soy, only because I didn't have any soy milk on hand.
I bet this 'cheese' sauce will go great over veggies like broccoli or asparagus, or could work great in a casserole.
No complaints, only thanks!!
Excellent! I used almond milk and non-soy margarine and for the flour rice flour to be gluten free. Will make this again!
Made for Healthy Choices ABC.