Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
haven't tried yet, looks good though!
Make and share this Vegan Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup mushroom, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cups textured vegetable protein
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetable broth, as needed
- 1⁄2 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 dashes vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a loaf pan or 8x8 square baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside (an 8x8 pan makes a crisper loaf).
- Grind the into a coarse meal using a food processor or spice/coffee grinder. Place in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Sauté any vegetables you've chosen in the water or broth for steam-frying until soft. Add to the large mixing bowl along with all the remaining ingredients. Mix and mash together well, adding only as much liquid as needed to create a soft, moist loaf that holds together and is not runny (you may not need to add any liquid if the grains and protein are very moist). Add more binder/carbohydrate as needed if the loaf seems too wet.
- Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out onto a plate or platter and slice. Serve with potatoes, vegetables, and vegetarian gravy, if desired.
- Cold leftover slices of make a great sandwich filling.