This is very rich. I invented it because I have to be on a dairy-free diet, and I really miss those fancy mochas and lattes. Soy milk doesn't do it for me. I think this is a really tasty treat, and I might just keep drinking it, even when I can reintroduce dairy!
- Place cocoa powder and sugar in a large mug.
- Add hot coffee. (I brew mine directly into the mug).
- Stir to dissolve cocoa and sugar.
- Add hemp milk and stir.
- Add chocolate. Microwave until hot, but not boiling. (This takes 90 seconds on my rather low-powered microwave). (Boiling will cause the hemp milk to separate).
- Add vanilla extract and stir to blend in the chocolate. (This takes more than a quick stir).
- Top with soy whip, if desired.