Recipe by cookinfunmommy
This is very rich. I invented it because I have to be on a dairy-free diet, and I really miss those fancy mochas and lattes. Soy milk doesn't do it for me. I think this is a really tasty treat, and I might just keep drinking it, even when I can reintroduce dairy!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Excellent! Creamy, chocolaty, just perfect. I used rice milk (we don't have ready made nut milk here and I had no time to make some) and some rice whip. Next time I'll try it with almond or hazelnut milk! Thanks for posting! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (rounded)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (level)
- 3⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 3⁄4 cup hemp milk (or a nut milk)
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (70%)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Soy Whip (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cocoa powder and sugar in a large mug.
- Add hot coffee. (I brew mine directly into the mug).
- Stir to dissolve cocoa and sugar.
- Add hemp milk and stir.
- Add chocolate. Microwave until hot, but not boiling. (This takes 90 seconds on my rather low-powered microwave). (Boiling will cause the hemp milk to separate).
- Add vanilla extract and stir to blend in the chocolate. (This takes more than a quick stir).
- Top with soy whip, if desired.