Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very rich. I invented it because I have to be on a dairy-free diet, and I really miss those fancy mochas and lattes. Soy milk doesn't do it for me. I think this is a really tasty treat, and I might just keep drinking it, even when I can reintroduce dairy!
- Place cocoa powder and sugar in a large mug.
- Add hot coffee. (I brew mine directly into the mug).
- Stir to dissolve cocoa and sugar.
- Add hemp milk and stir.
- Add chocolate. Microwave until hot, but not boiling. (This takes 90 seconds on my rather low-powered microwave). (Boiling will cause the hemp milk to separate).
- Add vanilla extract and stir to blend in the chocolate. (This takes more than a quick stir).
- Top with soy whip, if desired.
Excellent! Creamy, chocolaty, just perfect. I used rice milk (we don't have ready made nut milk here and I had no time to make some) and some rice whip. Next time I'll try it with almond or hazelnut milk! Thanks for posting! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
Rich and delicious! I used almond milk instead of hemp (as suggested) and Splenda for the sugar. I used a microwave frother to heat the milk, and then foam it up. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
I haven't tasted it yet, but this sounds great! I can't have cow's milk, but I can have goats milk; unfortunately most latte shops only serve cow's milk and soy. I'm going to try this-I know I'll love it