Recipe by tendollarwine
This is simple to make and crazy delicious. The tarragon adds such a nice, sweet flavor. Serve with fancy crackers for a party or get-together, or just have this if you wanna be lazy for dinner! This pate tastes best when you allow it time to come to room temperature after it has been chilled.
- 1 cup green lentil, picked-over and rinsed
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the lentils, bay leaf, and water, stir, and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-20 minutes, until the lentils are tender, then drain.
- Grind the cashews in the food processor until they resemble a coarse meal.
- Pour the lentils and onions into the food processor. Remove the bay leaf. Cover and begin to puree, slowly adding the vinegar, remaining olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper. If the mixture seems too dry or thick, add a little more olive oil, and taste to adjust seasonings.
- Scrape the contents of the mixer into a Tupperware container and chill for at least 2 hours.