1/1 Photo of Vegan Lentil Pate (Aka Faux Gras)
This is simple to make and crazy delicious. The tarragon adds such a nice, sweet flavor. Serve with fancy crackers for a party or get-together, or just have this if you wanna be lazy for dinner! This pate tastes best when you allow it time to come to room temperature after it has been chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the lentils, bay leaf, and water, stir, and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-20 minutes, until the lentils are tender, then drain.
- 2Grind the cashews in the food processor until they resemble a coarse meal.
- 3Pour the lentils and onions into the food processor. Remove the bay leaf. Cover and begin to puree, slowly adding the vinegar, remaining olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper. If the mixture seems too dry or thick, add a little more olive oil, and taste to adjust seasonings.
- 4Scrape the contents of the mixer into a Tupperware container and chill for at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Lentil Pate (Aka Faux Gras)
Serving Size: 1 (1356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 158.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar