Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I got this great recipe from this site: http://www.veganessex.makessense.co.uk/articles/89.html I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon.
- 4 lemons, juice and zest of (1/2 cup lemon juice)
- 4 ounces vegan margarine
- 12 ounces sugar (fine)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet vegan gelatin
- 4 egg substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients except the gelatin into the top of a double boiler.
- Stir in the sugar and mix until it is totally dissolved. This should take about 20 minutes and the curd should have thickened up.
- If it hasn't put the gelatin in a bowl and add some of the hot curd to it. Stir well then add the rest of the curd to the bowl mix until this thickens up.
- You can store this in jam jars in the fridge or use in a recipe. I'm going to use this in Chef Joey's Vegan Lemon Squares.
- Bon Appetit!