Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice and lemony. Recipe found online.
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, plus
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350, line pans with paper liners. W.
- hisk together soy milk and vinegar in large bowl and set aside to curdle.
- Beat together soy milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, almond and lemon extracts.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients until no large lumps remain. Mix in lemon zest.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake 20-22 minutes.
Just made these for an office party & I had to try one..They are very yummy, even without any frosting. I did make a few alterations. I didn't have any lemon extract, so I added 3 TBS fresh lemon juice and subtracted that amt. from the milk. I also used half coconut oil and half olive oil for the canola. I only used about 3/4 cup sugar and drizzled a few TBS agave into the batter, as well as adding a few fresh blueberries. I will be keeping this recipe for sure.
I've made this recipe twice after finding it elsewhere online, and they are amazing cupcakes. I don't even frost them; I just top them with blueberry compote or preserves. However, this, as it is listed here, makes 24 cupcakes, not 12. The original recipe online said to half it for one dozen cupcakes.