Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Nice and lemony. Recipe found online.
Top Review by Keggy
Just made these for an office party & I had to try one..They are very yummy, even without any frosting. I did make a few alterations. I didn't have any lemon extract, so I added 3 TBS fresh lemon juice and subtracted that amt. from the milk. I also used half coconut oil and half olive oil for the canola. I only used about 3/4 cup sugar and drizzled a few TBS agave into the batter, as well as adding a few fresh blueberries. I will be keeping this recipe for sure.
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, plus
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350, line pans with paper liners. W.
- hisk together soy milk and vinegar in large bowl and set aside to curdle.
- Beat together soy milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla, almond and lemon extracts.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients until no large lumps remain. Mix in lemon zest.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake 20-22 minutes.