Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
This is yet another version of this delicious cake. In this recipe I used almond milk rather than soy milk, and brown sugar rather than white. I also threw in a lot more lemon juice and zest - lemon cake should be LEMONY!!!
- 2 -3 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute, powder I use Bob's Red Mill
- 100 ml cooking oil
- 250 g brown sugar
- 150 ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 220 g flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and line an 8 inch spring-form pan with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180º Celsius.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 6 tablespoons of lemon juice with the egg replacer powder. Set aside.
- Place lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, oil and brown sugar in TM bowl. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides. Mix 10 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla and reserved egg replacer mixture to TM bowl. Mix 10 seconds/speed 4.
- Add flour and salt to TM bowl. Mix 20 seconds/speed 4. While mixing, add the baking powder through the hole in the lid.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 180º C.