Top Review by faithrules99
This was a great treat! I love that the ingredients were basics, nothing crazy that I had to go out shopping for. I used applesauce as the egg substitue (1/4 cup applesauce mixed w/ 1/2 teaspoon baking powder per "egg") and it was perfect. I think I will try to make a thicker glaze but the cake was moist and very tasty! My husband loved it and it was very easy to make!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 vegan egg substitute
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients (except sugars).
- Finely grate lemon peel and stir it inches.
- Squeeze the lemon's juice into a small bowl, mix it with the powdered sugar, and set it aside.
- Beat margarine and brown sugar and add egg replacer.
- Add flour mixture and milk to margarine mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Invert onto a serving plate and drizzle with glaze (lemon juice and powdered sugar combination).