Recipe by cakeinmyface
I used this to decorate my vegan lemon cupcakes. I got this recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, a very good lil cake book. I decorated my cakes with edible green glitter.
Top Review by CobyG
This frosting is easy and delicious! Very lemony, creamy, and fluffy. My only critique would be that it might be a TAD (I mean really, just a little, little) bit too sweet. Next time I'll probably add a bit more lemon juice at it would be perfect!
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup soy margarine
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl cream shortening and margarine together until well mixed.
- Add the icing sugar in 1/2 cup additions. After each addition add a splash of lemon juice and beat well (this is easiest with hand held mixer). Add vanilla and beat for another 3-5 minutes until you have a smooth creamy and fluffy frosting.
- Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate until needed. Pipe or spread over cakes and refrigerate to set.