1/1 Photo of Vegan Lemon Asparagus Soup
The Blender Girl's Note:
I have always been a fan of the ubiquitous potato and leek soup. I thought I would try expanding on that idea a little, and adding in some greens. This soup is just delicious. When I think about grilling asparagus, I always serve it with a generous squeeze of lemon juice. Why should this soup be any different? I started making this soup without all the lemon, and found that it just didn’t have that extra pop. The lemon juice turned this soup from “so-so” to sublime. Don’t be afraid to make this soup really, really lemony. “She is a friendly tart”. You won’t be sorry. YUMMO!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large organic leeks (washed thoroughly and thinly sliced)
- 5 large organic red skinned potatoes (scrubbed and not peeled and rustically chopped.)
- 750 g organic asparagus (trimmed and chopped.)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 lemons, juice of (to taste)
- nutmeg, to serve
- 1Sautee the leeks in oil until soft and translucent.
- 2Add the potatoes and the stock, and simmer until the potato is tender, and cooked through.
- 3Add in the asparagus, and just blanch for only a couple of minutes until just tender. Be careful not to over cook them.
- 4We want to preserve the vibrant green colour, and nutritional value. Allow the soup to cool slightly.
- 5Then blend thoroughly, until smooth and creamy, Return to the stove, and reheat.
- 6Season with Celtic sea salt, and then pour in the fresh lemon juice gradually – tasting periodically until you achieve your perfect blend.
- 7The soup is best if it is really lemony. It has a tangy zing and tastes alive and really heightens the natural flavour of the asparagus.
- 8Season with nutmeg and serve with an extra lemon wedge. YUM!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Lemon Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.9
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 644.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: