Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Vegan lasagna recipe using tofu and cashews to make a cheesy filling.
Make and share this Vegan Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 quart tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 10 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles
- Combine water, cashews, salt, onion powder, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and lemon juice in Vitamix and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Crumble tofu in a bowl. Add in nutmeg, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and basil and stir to combine. Set aside.
- On medium heat, saute onion, mushrooms, carrot until tender. Add tomato sauce, parsley, and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until thickened.
- Spread small amount of sauce on bottom of 13x9 inch pan. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Cover with more sauce, then ricotta, then cheese sauce. Repeat. Make sure top layer is covered with sauce. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake at 375°F.
Boy, this is good. Had to use oyster mushrooms, they were only ones I had available.I also added Daiya Mozzarella shreds. Excellent flavor. Delish......I have made this many times. Everyone likes it, and some say they like it better than regular lasagna. I have also added spinach too.
This is a vegan's dream come true... Great recipe...one of the best...everything about it was excellent...love the "tofu ricotta" and the cashew "cheese"...funny, I hadn't even read the other review first but I too made a double batch of the nut cheese and pour it on top at the end...I also added a bit of green- in my case chopped kale sauteed with garlic and mixed in with the other veggies... made Spaghetti Sauce as the tomato sauce...truly LOVED this winner LASAGNA...made playing "New kids on the Block" - thanks Caroline G!! :)
This lasagna was sooo good!I made my own sauce,added spinach to each layer,and sprinkled some cajun seasoning on it instead of using salt. I also used oregano instead of basil because I was out of basil. The last thing I did was make some extra "cheese" sauce to pour on top of the lasagna before baking. It gave a wonderful aroma while baking-my house smelled like a restaurant.This lasagna was so delicious that my husband and I almost ate the whole pan!! I call this guilt-free lasagna.Try it.