Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is easy to make. You don't have to cook the noodles, just make sure that there is enough sauce between the layers. A good dinner for a Friday night!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb spinach (finely chopped)
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 10 garlic cloves (finely chopped, I like garlic)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 small zucchini (diced)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 (300 g) packages soft tofu
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 9 ounces pasta sauce (I like Prego Organic Mushroom, but it does have sugar)
- Fry the onions and 2/3 of the garlic until soft.
- Add the spinach, carrots, zucchini, red/yellow bell peppers, and spices.
- Fry until the spinach wilts.
- Add one package of tofu. Stir until crumbled.
- Add the pasta sauce. Bring to a boil.
- In a deep pan ( I use a large loaf pan) put down a layer of sauce about 3/4 of an inch thick. Put a layer of dry noodles on top. Repeat this until your last layer is sauce.
- With a fork mash the tofu. Crumble it on top and spread over the sauce.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the garlic (maybe some Italian seasoning too).
- Bake at 250 for 30 minutes. Or until it looks bubbly and the top looks like baked cheese.