Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is from a great new Vegan cookbook that my sister got me. I always looked at Vegan food as earthy and grose, but this really changed my mind.
Top Review by Patticake24
I printed this up for my boyfriend and he ended up making it. So the recipe was made as-is and it turned out fantastic! We like spicy foods so this didn't seem that hot to us and had a nice flavor! This is going ot be our new jambalaya recipe that we use! Thanks!
- 1 lb tempeh
- 1 lb vegetarian sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian chicken flavored broth mix (check a HFS)
- olive oil, additional for cooking
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 can artichoke heart
- 1 cup rice
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes, it doesn't say the ounces
- 1⁄2 large onion, dinced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube and marinate tempeh in broth, olive oil, cajun seasonings, cayenne, and Tabasco overnight.
- Brown tempeh and tempeh sausage in pan with additional olive oil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add artichoke hearts.
- In large pot, put 2 T.
- olive oil, 1 T.
- cajun seasonings, onion, peppers, and garlic.
- Saute until onion is clear.
- Add 1 cup of rice and stir over high heat until rice is translucent.
- Add 2 cups of water and juice from can of Rotel.
- Stir and then cover.
- reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once rice is cooked-- remove from heat.
- Stir in tempeh mixture, can of Rotel, and salt and pepper to taste.